Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Ajax posts names as you type in the Text field

Unread

Ajax posts names as you type in the Text field

• Hi,

I have a custom post type called “cards” that I use for my database that has 500+ posts where each card has it’s own post.

I than use advance custom fields with repeater field and a text field to create decks on my main post, where I will write the slug of a card from the “cards” CPT. I than use that slug in and in the back end do a query and display a nice listed deck of all the cards that I listed. You can see this in example here http://hearthstoneplayers.com/decks/amazs-iem-warlock-deck/

If you see on the right hand side the deck list of each card, each one of those cards is it’s own post in the “cards” CPT which I than on that post use the repeater field with a text field and type in that card’s slug.

I was wondering is there anyway to add ajax to a text field and have it linked to my “cards” Custom post type so as I type in the name of the card or slug it will give me options to chose from and quickly complete it so I don’t have to type out the entire card name each time, similar how the with default wordpress tags it will auto complete as you type via ajax.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Ajax posts names as you type in the Text field’ is closed to new replies.