Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) AJAX button

Solving

AJAX button

• I want to add a button to a metabox that when pressed, executes an AJAX script.

I can’t find anything on how to add an unattached button field.

• Hi @dnavarrojr

Thanks for the question.

Kindly explain with more detail what you mean by an unattached button so that I can see how I may be of help.

• I’d like to see this idea explored further.

• Hi @photocurio

Thanks for chipping in.

Maybe you could offer more details on your desirable functionality so that I can compile a conclusive report for the plugin author.

• Sorry, been been extremely busy at work.

This is probably more for an ACF addon that a feature, but in order to add code associated with any ACF field, you have to add it to FUNCTIONS.PHP or a custom plugin.

I’d really love to see an additional section for each field that allows me to plug my code right into each individual field’s settings.

So, I can stick some JS code that handles validation or loading data from an external source, or updating other fields in the metabox.

For example, I have an ACF form for handling basketball brackets. And I’d like to display an update to the bracket in an HTML field each time a game is added. Right now, you have to add the game, update, then view the bracket on a front end page. Very time consuming.

It would also be nice to attach PHP code to a field that is executed each time the field is updated. Again, I can write code in my custom plugin, but maintaining it all gets to be a hassle when it would be so much easier if it were right there as an added section for each field.

• Hi @dnavarrojr,

Apologies for the delay, the forums are unmonitored by the developer.

To help us begin some work on this, please open a feature request at [email protected] and our friendly support team will get back to you ASAP 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘AJAX button’ is closed to new replies.