Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO After migration, IDs instead of text ??

Solved

After migration, IDs instead of text ??

• Hello,

On my staging machine I’ve made the migration to 5.0.
    After the DB upgrade , I tried one to create an event, that normally used a lot of ACF fields without any problem. And here, nothing is working…

I deep into ACF and saw that all my taxonomies links are now digits (ie the ID of the tax) and not text (title) as it normally should be.

I know that I can change, but as I have more than 60 fields, I’ll broke my prod for a while, during the manual changes, and I can’t.

Any idea to avoid this ?

Thx

• Hi @christian[email protected]

Thanks for the bug report, but I’m not quite sure I understand.
    Can you clearly explain where and what the issue is, and how to replicate it?

Thanks
    E

• Elliot

Sorry for my poor explanations..

On my dev machine I’ve pushed the 5.0 Pro (I’ve bought and use repeater with 4.0 release )
    So I install the new release and run the database upgrade as required by the new release installation.

One of my group of fields has a rule based on some taxonomy values.
    After the migration, instead of the taxonomy name, i’ve got the taxonomy ID, but just for the current value,.
    In the select box, all others items are based on taxononomy text

In the first image, you can see the good things (it is actually my prod version)
    The second is what I have on dev machine after migration.

On other groups, I do not have this issue when for example I use publication type as rule…

Sure it is a bug, so I’m waiting for a fix for production release…

Thanks

before migration

after migration

Thanks for the info and images. Yes, I can see the issue and have a feeling I know how to fix it.

I’ll add this to the to-do and let you know when it’s complete

Thanks again

Thanks again for the bug report. This issue is now fixed and will be included in an update soon

• Eliott

Thanks for the fix.Did you include it on the 5.01 published few days ago ?

THanks

Yes, I did include the fix, however this fix caused a few other errors, so I will be reverting the code.

The fix will still exist during the db upgrade from v4 to v5, but will not work with already upgraded data.

You will need to edit your field group and re save the correct location rule. Sorry for the bug, and thanks for your support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘After migration, IDs instead of text ??’ is closed to new replies.