Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) After changing pos. of Field groups: odd behavior & disappeared fields in editor

Solving

After changing pos. of Field groups: odd behavior & disappeared fields in editor

• Hi there,

at the moment I’m just starting with ACF. I need category-dependent field groups like:

When category “books” is ticked -> Show field group for books to let me enter content into the fields Book Author, Title, Pages, Publisher etc.
    When category “audiovisual” is ticked -> Show field group for dvd/blu ray so I can enter details into the fields like Title, Actors, Playing time etc.

So I created those groups, the one contains 18 fields and the other one 11

It all worked well until… well… I’m not sure but these are the last two things I have done:

1) I created a third field group for music which has 8 fields
    2) I tried to change the positions of one existing field group. I wanted to put it into the sidebar to check how it looked. Reloaded. No more field group at all. I Put it back to the default “after the content”…

and since then – not sure if 1) or 2) was the cause – only one or two of the fields that I created for the field groups show up. The rest is just… gone.

Is this a known bug? Or are there any conflicts with other plugins?

I’d love to use ACF, so I’d appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance and eventually sorry for not finding a similar thread.

• Hi @booknerds

That’s weird. Does the fields are still showing up on the field group editor page? Could you please open a new ticket and provide temporary admin credentials to your site and the links where the issue occurred? You can open a new ticket here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket.

Thanks 🙂

• Hi James, thank you a lot. I’ll create an extra admin account for you and will open a ticket. I’ll link this thread as a reference. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘After changing pos. of Field groups: odd behavior & disappeared fields in editor’ is closed to new replies.