Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO After acf pro upgrade all fields in page admin are empty

Solving

After acf pro upgrade all fields in page admin are empty

• Hi
    I have upgraded to ACF 5 pro and when checking a page with the areas of the advanced custom fields – they are all empty and cannot be accessed.
    There is just the field name and the little triangle on the side. When clicking on the triangle to expand the field, nothing happens.

Dan

• Hi @danstramer

After activation the ACF Pro plugin, did you follow the prompt to upgrade the database?

Do your field groups appear in the list when editing field groups?
    Do your fields appear in each field group when editing fthe ield group?

• Hi Elliot,
    Yes, after the activation the database was upgraded.
    All the fields appear in the field groups when editing the field groups.

When I add a completely new field it does appear in the page edit meta field.
    Only the existing fields prior to the acf pro upgrade do not appear – which are a lot of fields…

Thanks
    Dan

• Hi @danstramer

Thanks for the info. Are you able to provide login details for me to figure out what is going wrong?

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi Elliot,
    Did you have a chance to take a look?
    Thanks
    Dan

• Hi Elliot,
    Any updates regarding this issue?
    Thanks in advance,
    Dan

• Hi @danstramer

Sorry for the late reply. I just followed your link, but there is a htaccess password needed to see the site!

Cheers
    E

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi Elliot
    Did you have a chance to take a look?

In the same issue, is there a problem having 50 items on a page (created by a repeater field), and in each item 5-6 fields? It takes a long time for the admin page which holds all these fields to load.
    Thanks
    Dan

• Hi Elliot,
    any ideas on these issues?

thanks
    Dan

• I have the same problem, except I also have it on newly created fields.
    Screenshot

• Awesome, version 5.0.6 fixes the issue for me!

Edit: Actually I found the issue. (Not sure whether it had something to do with the new version). I have ACF implemented in my theme (not as a plugin). I also have the local json file active. The implementation sample is actually not working, since it is missing a slash at the end of path. That’s what broke it for me.

• Hi @Nikodemulus

Thanks for the feedback, but looking at the source code of ‘core/json.php’, the paths do not require a trailing slash. The paths are run through a function called untrailingslashit to remove the trailing slash.

i just tried the code from the sample and it worked a treat. Perhaps there is some other code modifying the json save/load path?

• Hi @danstramer

Thanks for the login info. i’ve just taken a look at the url you sent me and although I don’t understand any text on the page, all the field groups look good.

has the issue resolved itself?

• Strangely enough I actually can’t replicate the issue with the trailing slash now. Maybe it had something to do with that the plugin never initialized a json before? It’s weird, because im very certain that that slash solved my problem back then…

Thanks for the help anyways!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘After acf pro upgrade all fields in page admin are empty’ is closed to new replies.