Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Admin side not loading some saved values

Solved

Admin side not loading some saved values

• I’m having a strange issue where a repeater field isn’t loading the saved values in the back-end. The front end is still pulling the correct values, however. We’re using WP 4.6.1 & ACF 5.5.1 (updated today).

Admin shows blank, front end shows the URL from the linked file, and the document name shows up correctly on the page.

• Hi @coderoadies

That’s weird. Have you just updated ACF? If you have, could you please make sure that the database is upgraded correctly?

Also, could you please create a new post and check if it is working there? If it’s, then could you please check if there are differences in the database? You can check it in the wp_postmeta table (if it’s assigned to posts).

Thanks 🙂

• Hi James, we’d updated to 5.5.1 yesterday, from 5.4.8. I attempted to add a new post, and, unfortunately, the same issue is happening with the new post that was happening to the old post.

How do I make sure the database upgraded correctly?

• Hi ACF,

Just wanted to add to this that we’re having the same issues with a large client. Running ACF Pro 5.5.1. After saving various inputs on a repeater, then fields are empty on the page reload. The front-end however using default ACF functions pulls out the updated values.

• Hi guys,

When you updated the ACF, you should see a notice that asks you to upgrade the database. I’ve attached a screenshot for your reference. If you don’t see it, then your database is not upgraded yet.

If you have a backup of your site before updating ACF, I suggest you restore it and then deactivate the other plugins you have and change your theme to WordPress’ stock theme (such as Twenty Sixteen).

Also, I suggest you increase the PHP maximum execution time in case you have a lot of data in your database. This page should give you more idea about it: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5164930/fatal-error-maximum-execution-time-of-30-seconds-exceeded.

After that, kindly try to update ACF again and then upgrade the database when requested.

If the issue persists, could you please open a new ticket and provide temporary admin credentials to your site? You can open a new ticket here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket. Also, please don’t forget to explain the issue again and provide the link to this thread.

Thanks 🙂

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Updated to 5.5.2 and issue has been fixed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Admin side not loading some saved values’ is closed to new replies.