Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Admin Order – on edit custom post

Solving

Admin Order – on edit custom post

• Hi!
    I seem to have a problem with the order of the field groups.
    We have a custom post type that have a few different field groups related to it. But their order does not affect in what order they are presented on the edit-custom-post page.

In the ACF overview page the order works fine, and I would expect them to work on the admin-post/page pages as well?

I’ve tried to put the most important group as ‘after title’ but that doesn’t seem to help.

A group with a order value of 100 is still rendered above the one with order 20.

• Elliot

• September 4, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Hi @studiogulo

Is it possible that in the past you have drag / dropped the metabox to create a custom order on the edit post screen?

This will override the priority order that ACF gives the metabox…

Cheers
    E

• Hi elliot!

Yes, unfortunately I’ve probably done so. I’ll try to show everything again an rearrange the other metaboxes, might that work?

Can I clear this ‘view settings’ somehow? The order of the metaboxes?

• Elliot

• September 5, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Hi @studiogulo

Unfortunately, no, I don’t know of a solution for this…

Perhaps there is some usermeta in the DM you can remove to clear the save order?

Good luck mate

Thanks
    E

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.