Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Admin area: pulling custom field data from one page to another

Solving

Admin area: pulling custom field data from one page to another

• Hi,

Lets say I have a Custom Post Type of ‘bands’ and I’ve set a number of Custom Fields using ACF such as ‘name of band’, ‘band logo’, ‘link to bands home page’ etc.

An editor can login to wp-admin and add new bands.

However, I also have a ‘Schedule’ page (not post, page) where the editor can go to create an appearance schedule of all the bands.

Is there a way to pull the data created in each bands individual page to display on the Schedule page – just to be clear again, this is all happening in wp-admin, NOT the front end?

• If you need to use the same information on multiple pages and edit in one location your best choice is going to be an ACF options page.

• Sorry, I misunderstood your question, it seems I was answering something completely different.

There isn’t really a way that ACF can do this in the admin, at least not easily. You might try this add on https://wordpress.org/plugins/acf-enhanced-message-field/. You could add PHP into this field to display all the information you want.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Admin area: pulling custom field data from one page to another’ is closed to new replies.