Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Gallery Field Flexible Content Field to Gallery Field in Premium Theme

Solved

Flexible Content Field to Gallery Field in Premium Theme

• Hi there,

I’ve just purchased the Gallery Field add-on. I’d like to use it on a premium theme that already uses ACF.

I’d like to change a field (Flexible Content Field) to a Gallery Field.

Because the plugins are in the add-ons folder of the theme I can’t edit the custom fields via the admin panel.

Is there a way to open access to them?
    I’ve already turned off ACF lite, but there are no custom fields shown in that panel.

Or
    What is the best way to change this Flexible Content Field to a Gallery Field?

Many thanks,

s

• Hi @sja

The field is most likely included in a PHP file within the plugin / theme.

Thanks
    E

• Hello,

Yeah, I figured that, but there isn’t really a way to ‘import’ so-to-speak back into an install of ACF?

I’m just struggling to work it out in the code. Ah well.

• Hi @sja

Thanks for the follow up. The lack of ‘visual editing’ of a PHP registered field group is one of the features for using it.

I’m sorry you have having difficulty, perhaps you could create the field as per normal, and export the field group to PHP? Then it is a simple cop / paste of the field array.

Thanks
    E

• Thanks for the reply. I get what you’re saying. Unfortunately the custom fields in the theme are split over 2 files and I don’t have enough knowledge to know exactly what to edit.

So I decided to start fresh and build my own… I’ve already learnt a lot.

Again, thanks for your time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Flexible Content Field to Gallery Field in Premium Theme’ is closed to new replies.