Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Adding field into a query_posts, need help.

Solving

Adding field into a query_posts, need help.

• I’m trying to query a custom field ‘blog_category_id’ that I added to a ‘shows’ post type, this is going to display a series of blog posts based on the blog category id.

<?php $blog_category_id = get_field('blog_category_id');
    query_posts('showposts=4&cat='.$blog_category_id.'&ignore_sticky_posts=1');
    if(have_posts()) : while(have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

Is what I’ve tried to use but it isn’t working properly, however, I’ve echo’d $blog_category_id and it displays the proper number so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here.. I’ve included a pastebin with the entire pages code: http://pastebin.com/Ly8aZzPY

I’ll try and explain what this full page is supposed to be doing:

The page displays all of the ‘show’ content type posts, inside of each post it grabs a user filled field blog_category_id and displays the 4 most recent blog posts from that category.

Help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

• Elliot

• January 9, 2014 at 10:24 am

Hi @klikster

I think the issue is that you are using the query_posts function within a custom WP_Query loop. Why have you mixed both ways to query posts?

I would always use the WP_Query method, never the query_posts.

Good luck,

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot,

I’m a pretty novice coder so I don’t really understand the difference between them. I’ll try updating it to WP_Query and post back here if I need more assistance? Thanks. πŸ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.