Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Gallery Field Add Youtube and Vimeo to Gallery

Solved

Add Youtube and Vimeo to Gallery

• So currently, the Gallery support multiple uploaded types but I’m looking to mix uploaded images and vimeo / youtube oembeds. Is there a way to add this in, preferably in the most user friendly way?

• After some searching, ACF doesn’t make this possible out of the box. Wouldn’t be a terrible idea to add it but I understand why they don’t. Or at the very least, give the thickbox left-hand menu options ( like “Add Media” does ) so you can add in objects with URLs or compatible with External Media Library plugins ( which automagically pull videos from channels for you to use ).

Anyway, the idea is that you need the oembed objects ( vimeo / youtubes ) as Media Objects so they’re accessible from the media library. This is not a common gripe but luckily there are a few plugins out there that make it happen.

Add External Media is a relative small, not used very much plugin which does exactly that at which point I was able to add the video to the gallery, get it, and display it as normal.

The only caveat is, since the “Add to Gallery” button doesn’t give us access to the normal media left-hand links, add it using a separate method like the posts “Add Media” button before you have access to add it to The Gallery. It is kind of a hassle but not as much as creating a bunch of secondary fields and interweaving them with the gallery.

Hopefully this helps future readers!

• Hey, what a great idea. I find that really useful while trying to use YT embeds in the gallery.

Could you provide us with the code you used to solve the “no media sidebar” problem? I’ve been googling around though did not find anything useful.

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Jan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Add Youtube and Vimeo to Gallery’ is closed to new replies.