Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Add unique name field for Flexible Content Field

Solved

Add unique name field for Flexible Content Field

• Thomas

• January 20, 2014 at 10:26 pm

For a better overview if all/most Flexible Content Fields are collapsed it would be great to have not only the name of the Layout but also a name for this element.

E.g. if you create an element for a text area with the WYSIWYG-Field that you will use twice or more on a page and the elements are collapsed you can’t identify which element contains specific text.

How this could look like:
    The “Layout Name” field is a standard field for this element and the input is show in the header
    Editing Flexible Content Element

This is the look if all elements are collapsed
    Overview Flexible Content Elements

• Elliot

• January 21, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Hi @thomas

Thanks for the feature request, however I’m not sure how this could be added into the core without bloating the settings UI.

Perhaps this would be better left as a custom JS script?
    The following tutorial shows how you can listen for an acf/setup_fields event and run JS on any new HTML added to the page via ACF.
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/tutorials/adding-custom-javascript-jquery-for-fields/

You could look at the input value, and then append it to the layout handle.

Thanks
    E

• Thomas

• January 23, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Thanks Elliot,

this helped me and now I have a great overview over my Flexible Content elements.

Thomas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Add unique name field for Flexible Content Field’ is closed to new replies.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.