Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field "Add row" button label missing

Solved

"Add row" button label missing

• Hello @Elliot,

after updating my flexible-content-addon (to the latest 1.1.0 version), I noticed that the “Add row” button isn’t getting the custom label (defined in the field option).

The ACF plugin version is the latest, 4.3.0.

Thanks, ACF 4.3.0 is great!!

• Adding my report to this thread, I just noticed this behavior too! Lovely update otherwise.

Cheers,
    Dalton

• Hi guys

Thanks for the bug report. I think I know where the issue is and have a fix for you.

Please edit the file acf-flexible-content/views/field.php and on line 4, change:

if( $field['button_label'] )

to

if( empty($field['button_label']) )

That should fix it

Thanks
    E

• Just updated the add-on files, so all future updates should be fine.

If I get more reports of this issue, I’ll release a new version to force the update.

Thanks guys.

Cheers
    E

• I had this issue, just FYI

• Thanks. The temporary fix works fine for me for now. The Flexible Content is one instance where I like to change Add Row to something else since these are usually not table rows in my use. Maybe the default can be Add Item in the future. Wonderful add-on.

• Hi Elliot,

Same problem here. My client is really confused hehe.
    Unfortunately the temp fix didn’t work for me.
    I downloaded the new version with the fix already implemented, but no luck.
    There is currently no way to delete the Flexible field (except if I remove the whole repeater field and add the data again)
    I hope there is another solution/hotfix!

Thanks for your help,

Daan Smit

• Hi @daansmit

I think you may have the wrong thread. This thread is for the “add row” label, not for any issues regarding removing a layout.

Thanks
    E

• Ah!You are right!

Excuse me 🙂

• Hi there,

for me it seems to still doesn’t work.
    (I’ve installed also the Repeater Field).

When I just create one Flexible Layout, the “Add row” button is there, and if I create a second, it is not.

I have got the latest version, I did buy it yesterday.

Thanks for your help, what can I try?

Paul

• Hi @paul_roe

Thanks for the info. I’ll do some testing with 2 flexible content fields. Can you please check for any JS errors on your page?

Thanks
    E

• Hi elliot,

there is a SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<' in post.php:654, when I reload the post admin page.

And I have to laugh… That was my fault! I have typed into the instruction field that users should avoid a “<script…” tag…

Now it work’s.

Thanks

Paul

• I doubt that this in the correct forum thread but I want to suggest an improvement. I am working with a multilanguage site with a form on the frontend and it is becoming quite difficult to change the button text, I see in the code that the default text “Add Row” is inside a translation function, but I want to use a custom text and have it translated. You could in future versions place the translation function also on the custom text eg: __ ($ field [‘button_label’]). If this is not necessary because there is a more efficient method already working, could you direct me to where I can find that information.

Excellent complement
    Regards

• I would also like to be able to edit fields that are currently grouped.

• It is good!!! thanks for sharing

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘"Add row" button label missing’ is closed to new replies.