Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Add repeater row data via PHP – Issue when there is no data

Helping

Add repeater row data via PHP – Issue when there is no data

• Hi there, having a little trouble inserting new data to a repeater row. This solution here works:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24879399/wordpress-acf-how-to-add-rows-to-a-repeater-field-attached-to-a-user-via-custom?lq=1

But only if I have already added a row of data to the user record via the admin editor.

If it does not already have an existing record and I attempt to push the array it only inserts the field name and saves the JSON instead of generation the field key.

Is there a way to create / setup the repeater data if it doesn’t already exist for the user? I can only see update functions but no create… but there must be one somewhere as you can do it via the admin?

Thanks

• Ok finally figured this out (documentation isn’t very clear on this one)

If you have zero rows to start with you need to do this:

$field_key = “field_5657dffe586cc”;
    $value = get_field($field_key, ‘user_24’);
    $value[] = array(“career_enjoyment_id” => “Foo”, “career_enjoyment_file” => “Bar”);
    update_field( $field_key, $value, ‘user_24’ );

The $field_key is located in the wordpress posts table assigned to the main repeater. Use the ID from post_name.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Add repeater row data via PHP – Issue when there is no data’ is closed to new replies.