Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Add-on idea: Generate A Front End Form

Add-on idea: Generate A Front End Form

• We’re currently researching a few ways in which we can offer front end posting so that our users can populate a series of custom fields from the front end.

They don’t necessarily need to be able to edit them at this stage, just post them and the content will be used to automatically populate a custom post type.

Whilst I am in no doubt that ACF is up to the task here, it’s a bit of a faff to achieve compared with some of the recent entrants to the custom field scene, namely the WCK plugin by CozmosLabs.

I wonder if there’s an opportunity for you, Elliot, to create a premium add-on that will empower site owners to very easily select the fields they wish to appear on a front end form, arrange them in any order they like etc.

All the components are already there in ACF and I feel a product like this would provide a missing link between creating fields to collecting data from the front end, which let’s face it is in ever increasing demand considering how WP is becoming widely used as an application framework and not just a cms.

As it stands now, it would be easier for us to achieve this using either a Formidable Pro, Gravity Forms or any of the emerging ACF competitors.

Just an another idea, of which I have a few!

• Hi @Bruce Smith

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers
    E

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Add-on idea: Generate A Front End Form’ is closed to new replies.