Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Add-on development

Solved

Add-on development

• Hi,

I’ trying to turn one of hacks into a add-on for ACF to make it neater and to publish it. However im having a hard time finding the resources to help me through that:

1- Can I use existing ACF fields in my add-on? eg: a repeater with multiple text fields? if yes how? what is the right way? I want to show the repeater under the post/page only or as a front-end form.

2- Where do I work on the front-end side of the add-on (the out put)?

Thanks

• Hi @et3rnal

Not really getting it? You’re creating an add on for ACF with a new field type?

Or are you creating an add on without field types that isn’t really an addon for ACF but rather a plugin that utilizes ACF for its meta?

• Hi, I believe i’m doing both!

I want to create an add-on for AFC to create a new field type, however when you assign that new field to a (eg. post), I need to show a repeater (per-defined) of a new field type and use it’s values to create a custom front-end output.

– To give an example, I want to create a calendar plugin, that can be assigned to any post type.
    – It will have a repeater to add events (repeater of text(title), date&time(the new field type) )
    – Then in the output will show the calendar with its events

At the moment I have done that by creating theme templates, CPT and exporting ACF code inside the theme, which is utilizes ACF as you said.

• Ah okay..

well there’s some information on creating your own field type here:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/creating-a-new-field-type/

Other than that it sounds like you’re just creating a good old regular plugin.
    More info on using ACF in your own plugins here:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/can-include-acf-pro-within-theme-plugin/

Is that enough info?

• Sorry for the late replay, I had exams.

Well, I don’t think what I want is possible to make it into add-on because it consist of multiple field types including a default one.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Add-on development’ is closed to new replies.