Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Add new taxonomy term from page

Solving

Add new taxonomy term from page

• It would be really swell if we could add new taxonomy terms from page. (Especially for non-hierarchical taxonomies — Like the way tags work in WordPress)

Basically, I’ve got a custom taxonomy and I’m letting my users update the taxonomy terms with multiple checkboxes using Advanced Custom Fields. But there’s no built-in way to let them add new terms to the taxonomy, without going over to the separate taxonomy page and adding it that way. (That’s what I’m doing now, but it feels like a half-measure)

Here’s a screenshot of what I’m trying to do:

Right now, clicking “Add new amenities” just takes them away from the post editor and over to WordPress’ “edit-tags.php” page. It would be great if that could instead toggle a new text input that lets the user create a new taxonomy term. Does this sound like a feature that could be added to the core? If not, has anyone done anything similar on their own?

• Hi @adambomb

Thanks for the feature request. Yes, this would be a great feature. I’ll add it to the to-do and hope to add it in soon.

Thanks
    E

• Hello guys!
    I’m here just to reiterate the request for this functionality 🙂

• Just dropping in to say I would also love the heck out of this.

• +1 to this feature request! Thanks 🙂

• +1 this is a required feature, tags are supposed to be added, as it is a non hierarchical taxonomy.

• For anybody who is interested. made a simple tag field for ACF on the frontend, in which you can add taxonomies as required.

You can find it here. It is very simple but it works. It will display a field where you can enter comma separated values, which then get saved or updated to your selected taxonomy (tags) (non hierarchical).

https://github.com/kolhoffmmm/acf_tags

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Add new taxonomy term from page’ is closed to new replies.