Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) "Add Image" button JS error

Helping

"Add Image" button JS error

• Hello,

I’ve been experiencing a backend JS error on a very important client site. The site in question has “gallery” post formats for certain post types that use Repeater image fields to allow them to upload slideshow images.

On some pages (but curiously not on others, despite the lack of any discernible difference between them) it does not work. “Add Slide” works to add another repeated field, but when you click “Add Image” it gives an error.

In Firefox 24 on Win7 it gives me:

[09:59:59.693] SyntaxError: malformed Unicode character escape sequence @ http://www.[EDITED].com/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=admin-bar,hoverIntent,common,schedule,wp-ajax-response,autosave,suggest,jquery-color,wp-lists,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,j&load%5B%5D=query-ui-sortable,postbox,post,thickbox,underscore,shortcode,backbone,media-models,wp-plupload,media-views,media-editor,jquery-u&load%5B%5D=i-tabs,media-upload,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-menu,jquery-ui-autocomplete,word-count,editor,quicktags,jquery-ui-resizable,jqu&load%5B%5D=ery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,wpdialogs,wplink,wpdialogs-popup,wp-fullscreen&ver=3.5.2:60

That is from load-scripts.php line 60.

In the latest version of Chrome, I get a different error:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=admin-bar,hoverIntent,common,schedule,wp-aj…uery-ui-dialog,wpdialogs,wplink,wpdialogs-popup,wp-fullscreen&ver=3.5.2:59
    T.template load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=admin-bar,hoverIntent,common,schedule,wp-aj…uery-ui-dialog,wpdialogs,wplink,wpdialogs-popup,wp-fullscreen&ver=3.5.2:59
    (anonymous function) load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=admin-bar,hoverIntent,common,schedule,wp-aj…uery-ui-dialog,wpdialogs,wplink,wpdialogs-popup,wp-fullscreen&ver=3.5.2:87
    f.View.Backbone.View.extend.render load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=admin-bar,hoverIntent,common,schedule,wp-aj…uery-ui-dialog,wpdialogs,wplink,wpdialogs-popup,wp-fullscreen&ver=3.5.2:87
    f.view.Modal.f.View.extend.attach load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=admin-bar,hoverIntent,common,schedule,wp-aj…uery-ui-dialog,wpdialogs,wplink,wpdialogs-popup,wp-fullscreen&ver=3.5.2:87
    f.view.Modal.f.View.extend.open load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=admin-bar,hoverIntent,common,schedule,wp-aj…uery-ui-dialog,wpdialogs,wplink,wpdialogs-popup,wp-fullscreen&ver=3.5.2:87
    f.view.MediaFrame.(anonymous function) load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=admin-bar,hoverIntent,common,schedule,wp-aj…uery-ui-dialog,wpdialogs,wplink,wpdialogs-popup,wp-fullscreen&ver=3.5.2:87
    acf.fields.image.popup input.php?ver=4.1.8.1:107
    (anonymous function) input.php?ver=4.1.8.1:110
    v.event.dispatch load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=jquery,utils,jquery-ui-core,plupload,pluplo…oad-flash,plupload-silverlight,plupload-html4,json2,farbtastic&ver=3.5.2:1
    o.handle.u load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=jquery,utils,jquery-ui-core,plupload,pluplo…oad-flash,plupload-silverlight,plupload-html4,json2,farbtastic&ver=3.5.2:1

My client reports getting the same error as above while using Chrome on Mac.

Firefox error screenshot:

Chrome (Win7) screenshot:

Chrome (OSX) screenshot:

The site is running WordPress 3.5.2, ACF 4.1.8.1, and Repeater Field 1.0.1. As this is a very large and highly trafficked ecommerce site (Magento integrated with WP) troubleshooting by updating or temporarily disabling various plugins and WordPress is a very expensive and time consuming process. Have you seen anything like this before? Could you provide any insight as to how I might go about troubleshooting this?

• Hi @cuberis

Are you able to test in firefox OSX? Also, are you able to update ACF to the latest?

Thanks
    E

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘"Add Image" button JS error’ is closed to new replies.