Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Add $field to wysiwyg_tinymce_settings hook

Solving

Add $field to wysiwyg_tinymce_settings hook

• current implementation is:

mceInit = acf.apply_filters('wysiwyg_tinymce_settings', mceInit, mceInit.id);

could it be changed to include $field like this:

mceInit = acf.apply_filters('wysiwyg_tinymce_settings', mceInit, mceInit.id, $field);

i can get $field by jumping through some jquery hoops .. but it would be easier if it was just passed into the filter

• The best place to submit this request would be here https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/

In the mean time, what are you looking to do that you need $field for? Maybe there’s a way to do it.

• i’m trying to add a class to the ‘body_class’ setting of the tinymce editor before it gets initialized … i need to be able to add custom styles to different WYSIWYG ACF fields and the moment there is no way to differentiate them if there is more than one on a page

by including the $field i could then add a field specific class to each editor instance

• I’m not familiar with this hook, what is the value of mceInit.id

• ignore the comment that I deleted, I was looking at the wrong hook.

You can get the field key of the field if that helps you.

acf.add_filter('wysiwyg_tinymce_settings', function( mceInit, id ){

// do something to mceInit
      console.log(id);
      console.log($('#'+id).closest('.acf-field').data('key'));

// return
      return mceInit;

});

• thanks . .yeah i’m doing something like that .. but it’s not very intuitive .. seems like it could make it easier for everyone if a reference to $field was just passed through

• Like I said, you should open a new ticket on this. $field is passed in the wysiwyg_tinymce_init action and I’d think that Elliot would be probably add it to the wysiwyg_tinymce_settings filter, but the best way for him to get the request is to open a support ticket.

• thanks .. will do

• I actually write a lot of custom JS for ACF lately and .closest('.acf-field'). is becoming something that I can type without thinking even needing to think, it’s programmed into my fingers at this point.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Add $field to wysiwyg_tinymce_settings hook’ is closed to new replies.