Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Add custom field only to certain category

Solving

Add custom field only to certain category

• Is there any way to add custom field only to one certain category? Or only to one certain category and its child categories?

• Hi @heidel

Yes, If you take a look in the location/visibility settings for your field group you can set the field group to show only on a specific category/term.

• Actually, I mean, is there any opportunity to add a custom field not for posts on certain category, but for sub-categories on a specific category? I can’t find how to do that.

• Hi @heidel

Ah I see.
    At the moment you can only assign a field group to specific categories, not a category + it’s children. However you can assign it to multiple different categories.

I’m going to suggest this to Elliot as I think it would be a nice improvement. Something similar to the page parent setting but for terms.

• Thank you for the answer.

• No problem.

After discussing it a bit with Elliot and John elliot came to the conclusion to not implement this as it would open up for so many different obscure location settings. He will probably create a new documentation code snippet tho for implementing somewhat of a solution for this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Add custom field only to certain category’ is closed to new replies.