Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Add autocomplete to select tag

Helping

Add autocomplete to select tag

• Hey Elliot, could you add ‘autocomplete=”off”‘ to the select field’s attributes in the next version of ACF? The site I’m working at the moment has a custom post type with an advanced custom field backend, and then through code I’m changing the values for the post type in the front end in a custom form, but occasionally I was getting an annoying problem where users in the wordpress backend would get a cached version of some of the fields, hit save and overwrite what the frontend user had done.

After a bit of digging I realized it was actually just the Select fields that are doing this, and found this article,
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8791935/browser-caching-select-tag-state-and-ignoring-selected-true

which explained what was going on. Added the attribute directly into the plugin, and the problem was fixed!

Not sure why that is occurring, I can’t see anywhere that states that autocomplete is supported on a Select. (I’m using Firefox 26 btw) I don’t think there are any downsides by adding this in.

Cheers!

• Hi @Phillip,

Thanks for taking the time to investigate this issue and request a feature. I have added it to our report for Elliots attention.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Add autocomplete to select tag’ is closed to new replies.