Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Add a relationship dynamically

Solved

Add a relationship dynamically

• Hi all

Quick question…

My use case is that I have a custom post type (Project) that I’m adding “Sessions” to. So I add a “Project” and then I add “Sessions” through a client-side interface.

I can create a “Session” using the WPAPI but I want to automatically populate an ACF field on the “Session” with the “Project” ID in a relationship field. I am using acf_Form() on the front end.

Is there a way to do this? Currently I’ve tried adding through the API and also targeting the field on the front end using javascript but it’s quite buried and the values for a relationship field aren’t all in one input.

Any help VERY much appreciated.

Thanks
    Rob

• OK, sorted this.

I still don’t see a way of doing this via the API without using the third-party plugin which seems to be unmaintained. Am I missing something? Is this something in development?

I have used advancedcustomfields.com/resources/update_field/ and this seems to give me what I need for now. I redirect to my new “Session” and add the ID of the parent “Project” to the URL (EG: ?parent=67) and use GET to pass this to the update_field function.

Cheers
    Rob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Add a relationship dynamically’ is closed to new replies.