Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO acf_reset_validation_errors() does not work on front end forms.

Solved

acf_reset_validation_errors() does not work on front end forms.

• I need to be able to conditionally skip validation on a front end form.

The documenation states that you can use a combination of acf/validate_save_post and acf_rest_validation_errors() to conditionally skip validation, but acf_reset_validation_errors() isn’t respected by acf_form().

Thanks for any help,

• I’ve additionally tried circumventing validation using

add_filter(‘acf/validation_value’, __return_true());

This doesn’t seem to work for required fields on the acf_form as well.

• In 5.7.0-beta3 I’m able to disable the javascript validation by changing the value of acf.validation.active to false.

This combined with acf_reset_validation_errors() allows me to submit incomplete forms conditionally, ignoring required fields.

• This seems like a bug… I’ve been trying to do the same thing for 2 days using the documentation and seeing the same as the above.

How did you set the value of acf.validation.active? Is this done in your function hooked to the acf/validate_save_post action?

• acf.validation.active is a javascript variable so you need to change it with javascript.

• My apologies!

So, although I have done those JS measures, what I can also should do is use the hook

acf_reset_validation_errors();

I can do this based on a query string which means if the form is save for later – it does not validate, but if I want to fully submit, we run validation.

I get it now!

acf_reset_validation_errors() is pretty powerful in this situation.

NK

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.