Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues acf_form working for new cpt but not showing content area.

Solved

acf_form working for new cpt but not showing content area.

• Hi

Firstly, I use acf a lot and have the premium repeater plugin, so thanks for both they are great.

I have a front end form, using acf_form(), to allow visitors the ability to create a note for the site admin (similar to comments I guess).

The form works and creates the new cpt in the database and I can view it in admin and in templates.

However, although the field group shows each field as form inputs, I dont know how to get the default Content field for the cpt to do the same. I checked the page html and the input for the content exists but has css saying “display:none;”

I have read all the docs and forum posts but cant see where to tell the acf_form() to also print (and show) the inputs for the Title and Content, are these a special field group id? or is there some other argument I need to set?

Many thanks for any help.

• Hi

BTW I’m using version 4 of the plugin. I just noticed on v5 there are arguments for acf_form allowing you to specify whether post_content or post_title are displayed.

Does this mean you cannot do this in v4?

• It seems that the post content and title in v4 are not available to front end forms by default.

However, Jakes answer in this Stack Exchange question fixes that… http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/9912/front-end-post-editing-using-a-form

Anyway, this works for v4 – I have no idea how v5 may do this. Maybe the author can advise?

Also why cant I find any documentation on the acf function register_field_group ??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘acf_form working for new cpt but not showing content area.’ is closed to new replies.