Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues acf_form() remove action, value of field only available with setTimeout

Solved

acf_form() remove action, value of field only available with setTimeout

• I’m using the javascript remove action on a front end form to try to trigger a function that recalculates a sum of values from multiple fields. As you can see in the following code:

acf.add_action('remove', function($el) {
        if (!$el.prevObject.hasClass("acf-clone")) {
          var currenttab = $el.parents('.acf-field-repeater').attr('data-name');
            calculate_subtotal(currenttab);
        }
      });

This function cannot get the values from the fields which are needed to calculate the subtotal.
    Only when using a setTimeout, calculate_subtotal() can get the values.

acf.add_action('remove', function($el) {
        if (!$el.prevObject.hasClass("acf-clone")) {
          var currenttab = $el.parents('.acf-field-repeater').attr('data-name');
          setTimeout(function(){
          }, 275);
        }
      });

Any idea why this might be happening?

• It might help to know what’s in calculate_subtotal()

Also, what is the result of the calculation done in the first case? Is it not working or is it still adding the value of the row being removed?

• I just solved it myself:

Because of the animation that happens on the removal of a repeater row, there is a 250ms delay before the values are removed.

by using .on('remove', function()) from jquery-ui the problem is gone.

here is my working code:

$j("." + currenttab + i).on("remove", function () {
    })

Thank you for your help!

• I was going to say that most likely the field hasn’t been removed completely yet. I had a similar problem with building a JS app to modify repeater rows. It would delete the existing rows and then add new ones. The problem was that I was adding new rows and attempting to add values before the existing rows were actually removed which cause the removed of the values that were just added.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘acf_form() remove action, value of field only available with setTimeout’ is closed to new replies.