Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) acf_form + flexible content

Solving

acf_form + flexible content

• I use flexible content with several layouts. I want to update the three fields of a layout. In my page.php, I use this code :

$settings = array(
                    'post_id' => $post->ID,
                    'field_groups' => array(137),
                    'fields' => array('field_5a7dbf2864ced','field_5a7dbfdf64cef','field_5a7dc00c64cf0'),
                );

acf_form($settings);

My form is displayed in frontend. If I add datas in this form in front and submit, the page is reloaded and the datas are in the fields of y form. All seems ok. But in my admin area, the content of each field is not good. The datas were not saved in the backoffice. Why ? Is there a way to update a layout flexible content from a form in front ?

• Because the way that you are including the fields the are being considered top level fields and not sub fields a layout. The values are likely being stored in the DB under the name of the sub field. Each subsequent submission will overwrite the last values.

The only way that I can think of doing this is to create an acf/save_post filter https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-save_post/ and in this filter you would need to update the flex field/layout/sub fields based on the current values of these other fields that are stored incorrectly. I’m not sure how you’d do this.

• Thanks John.

The big problem is : how can I target a layout in particular ?

Imagine : I have a flexible content with two layouts “big team” and “little team”.
    I need to update the edit/save all fields of the layout “little team”. How can I target only this layout and its fields ?

• You would need to look at the entire flex field and loop through the rows to find the one you want to update. Then use https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/update_field/ to update the flex field. Like I said, I don’t really know exactly how to do this. It would probably take me several hours to figure it out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘acf_form + flexible content’ is closed to new replies.