i found 3 bugs on ACF5
1. Using Relationship field, i could not get excerpt (with setup post_data). Without setup post_data it doesn’t work at all, and always get the current product (i have a single-product.php and I’m using ACF relationship for related product)
<?php $posts = get_field('prodotti_correlati'); if( $posts ): ?> <?php foreach( $posts as $post): ?> <?php setup_postdata($post); ?> <div class="product-item clearfix"> <figure><?php the_post_thumbnail('prod-thumb-small'); ?></figure> <div class="entry-content"> <h3><?php the_title(); ?></h3> <div class="entry-text"> <p><?php the_excerpt(); ?></p> </div> <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" class="readmore">Scopri di Più »</a> </div><!--/.entry-content--> </div><!--/.product-item--> <?php endforeach; ?> <?php wp_reset_postdata(); ?> <?php endif; ?>
2. While choosing field type in backend, if you use keyboard (up and down) instead of mouse click, it show all fields options one under another instead of that field options
3. Moving Fields from one group to another causes them to desappear.
Hope that helps
Thanks for the bug reports:
1. I don’t understand. Is this a bug, or just a general comment with WP?
2. I can’t replicate this bug. What OS / browser are you using?
3. I can’t replicate this bug either, the field is moved correctly.
perhaps some more information would be good to replicate the bugs.
1. I think it is an ACF5 bug. With ACF5-relationship field, as described before (post type called “products”, realtionship field called “related_products”, using that code) you get no excerpt.
2. Windows 7 x64, chrome (last version). I try to be more clear. Into /post-new.php?post_type=acf-field-group, click on “add field”, default type is “text”. Click on “text” (to change field type). While you see the ajax loader, if you click keyboard up or down it adds (and show all the loaders) other fields options. (see screnshots)
3. I can’t explain this better. I created a group of fields, than another. I moved some fields from 1 to 2, saved (maybe it’s publish button the problem). Then I exit ACF groups menu, came back and no fields appear.
I’m having the same issue with moving fields as gleenk. Any time I try to move a field group it disappears.
I can second the bug #2 on Windows 7 x64, chrome (last version). As I scroll through the options, some fields aren’t cleared when the going to the new selection.
Wow, so I’m not crazy 🙂 I hope you’ll fix these soon!
Thanks for the feedback. I have found and fixed the ‘move field’ issue, and will test the ajax bug on a windows machine soon.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
🤔 Curious about the ACF user experience? So are we! Help guide the evolution of ACF by taking part in our first ever Annual Survey and guarantee you’re represented in the results. https://t.co/0cgr9ZFOJ5— Advanced Custom Fields (@wp_acf) May 8, 2023
© 2023 Advanced Custom Fields.