Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) ACF wysiwyg and formidable form

Solving

ACF wysiwyg and formidable form

• As this bug was previously on the roadmap (for the v 4.2.1 if I remember well), and I can’t find its reference, I just submit it again.

When I use the WYSIWYG editor most of the tool are functional despite the link button. When I click on it I get this error in the console :

TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'c.wpdialog({title:e.title,width:e.width,height:e.height,modal:true,dialogClass:"wp-dialog",zIndex:300000})')

in the file : wp-includes/js/tinymce/wp-tinymce.php (line 24).

Hopping this will help.
    Thanks for all the job you do with this plugin.

cf : http://old.support.advancedcustomfields.com/discussion/5355/acfv4-formidable-forms-conflict-wysiwygtinymce-doesnt-display/p1

• Hi @loic_syclo

Thanks. I’ll add this back into the to-do.

I believe it was removed by accident when moving around some to-dos.

Cheers
    E

• Hi Elliot, thank you for your response.

• Hello Elliot,

I am experiencing similar problem with ACF 4.2.2 (Option page 1.2.0) right now. When I deactivate Formidable 1.07.01 the problem is gone. The problem is only for Options page and for WYSIWYG link button.

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'wpdialog'
    in the wp-includes/js/tinymce/wp-tinymce.php line 24

• Temporary solution:

add_action( 'admin_init', 'wpuxss_admin_scripts' );
    function wpuxss_admin_scripts() 
    {	
    	global $pagenow;

if (( $pagenow == 'admin.php' ) && ($_GET['page'] == 'acf-options') ) 
    	{		
    		wp_enqueue_script( 'wplink', home_url('/wp-includes/js/wplink.js') );
    		wp_enqueue_script( 'popup', home_url('/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wpdialogs/js/popup.js') );	
    	}
    }
  • Hi @wpUXsolutions

Thanks for the code and solution. Can you elaborate more on how this resolves the issue?

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have too much time to really find what causes the problem. I just compared the final HTML codes of the ACF Option page: with active Formidable and without. I found that we miss those scripts when Formidable is on. It re-declares the scripts somehow.

Since I needed some fast temporary solution, I just linked those 2 scripts “manually”. By and large, we miss some other scripts too when Formidable is on, but since these two were enough to make link button work, I stopped on them. I also don’t know where ACF registers these two or maybe WP itself does this for all admin pages? When I have more time, I will study this problem more carefully.

Sorry for not being too helpful.

• Hi @wpUXsolutions

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

• Hello,

I have the same problem.
    The solution of wpUXSolutions works but is not clean.
    Do you have a way for the resolution?

Thanks

• For info, the bug is still present with wordpress 3.9

I just updated a site, the problem seems to occur only with formidable pro not with formidable free version.

• I just adapted @wpUXsolutions hack to be able to work with post and custom post :

add_action( 'admin_init', 'wpuxss_admin_scripts' );
    function wpuxss_admin_scripts() 
    {	
    	global $pagenow;

if (( $pagenow == 'post.php' ) ||   ( ( $pagenow == 'admin.php' ) && ($_GET['page'] == 'acf-options') ) ) 
    	{		
    		wp_enqueue_script( 'wplink', home_url('/wp-includes/js/wplink.js') );
    		wp_enqueue_script( 'popup', home_url('/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wpdialogs/js/popup.js') );	
    	}
    }
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ACF wysiwyg and formidable form’ is closed to new replies.