Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues ACF wrapper attributes

Solving

ACF wrapper attributes

• hi everyone,

i put some class into wrapper attributes -> class in the ACF backend , but, when i inspect it with the chrome inspector source code custom class are not used or displayed.

anyone could help me

• The class is added to the field wrapper div. Here you can see the HTML generated by ACF and where the class “my-test-class” is added

<div class="acf-field acf-field-text acf-field-5ec2e6904879a my-test-class" data-name="test_field" data-type="text" data-key="field_5ec2e6904879a">
    <div class="acf-label">
    <label for="acf-field_5ec2e6904879a">test field</label></div>
    <div class="acf-input">
    <div class="acf-input-wrap"><input type="text" id="acf-field_5ec2e6904879a" name="acf[field_5ec2e6904879a]"/></div></div>
    </div>

• so it’s not really convenient as it can seems at first look, but maybe i don’t understand the better interest.

• Why are you adding the class and what is it you expected to do by adding it?

• css customization for sure. what do you expect and what class are used for ?

• These classes are used only in the admin or when a acf form is shown. If you want to make css changes to the admin then yes, they can be used. It’s just a matter of targeting what you want with your css selector.

• its not for the admin, … for the frontend instead ^^

• ACF does not provide anything for the front end. If you want to put a wrapper around a field value then you need to code it in your theme templates.

<div class="my-class"><?php the_field('my-field'); ?></div>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ACF wrapper attributes’ is closed to new replies.