Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) ACF Values do not work until update post

Solved

ACF Values do not work until update post

• I have a large amount of posts that I’ve migrated from an existing blog and they used the acf categories plugin. I set this up before there was support for taxonomies.

Anyways, when I view the post in the admin the value displays correctly in the taxonomy dropdown but the values don’t work until the post is updated. Once it is updated everything works fine.

In this case I’m referring to the on category for a primary which I use for loading an icon and hex color associated with the cat.

I’ve seen a couple of posts that mention you can loop through all your posts or use Fakeapp but that doesn’t seem like a good solution.

Any help for this would be great.

• Your issue is caused by the reference not existing for the value.

ACF requires a reference to know which field belongs to the value, then ACF can format the value based on the field type and options.

Not sure what the solution for this, sorry.

Thanks
    E

• Hey Elliot,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I was able to find a solution by doing an UPDATE on the SQL post_meta table for that particular value.

Wasn’t ideal but I know there would be a little bit of a hassle when updating from the old categories plugin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ACF Values do not work until update post’ is closed to new replies.