Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) ACF repeat image fields saving media to random catalog insted of newest month.

Helping

ACF repeat image fields saving media to random catalog insted of newest month.

• Hi,

I use a WordPress 5.0.2 and I updated ACF Pro to 5.7.9.
    After that I created Repeater field with two subfields (both Image).
    I used this Repeat field on my Product post type page, I added a few fields.
    Then I realized the images I uploaded was saved in earlier catalogs not in 2019/01 but in random e.g. 2018/05 or 2018/11. When I check, in media manager the upload date is OK (15.01.2019).
    For info: when I uploaded images through the WordPress Media Manager files was saved properly in 2019/01.
    Before update everything was OK.
    The problem is burdensome because I can’t just upload new media to ftp from my local (one folder insted of searching in many catalogs).

• The upload path is not set by ACF, it is set by WP. When you upload a file in media that path is the current month. However, if you upload something while editing the post, the path is set to the year and month of the post that you’re editing. The path is not random.

This can be tested by uploading an image and inserting it to the standard content editor in WP. I tried this with the classic editor, however, I’m pretty sure that the new editor works the same way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ACF repeat image fields saving media to random catalog insted of newest month.’ is closed to new replies.