Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports ACF relationship JS error 'post_id is not defined' – WP 4.5

Solved

ACF relationship JS error 'post_id is not defined' – WP 4.5

• Hi all…

Alongside the (very recent) WP 4.5 release, I’m now getting a JS error with ACF. When using ACF 4.4.6 and a “Relationship” field (picking from another Post Type) – I’m seeing the following:

Uncaught ReferenceError: post_id is not defined

Anyone else seeing this or something similar? Ideas? Standing by & thanks.

• Quick Update & Bump here….

I just installed an entirely new copy of WordPress 4.5 on a test server and have verified that this relationship bug exists using an entirely stock TwentySixteen theme and a fresh copy of ACF (4.4.6).

Thanks in advance.

• Hi,
    same problem here, wp 4.5 breaks relationship in the back-end. Very annoying :/

• Agreed….I hope a fix presents itself soon. In a few of my client’s cases I’ve had to roll back WP to pre 4.5 in order to get this working again. One seemingly little detail can really cause big challenges! Is anyone from ACF following this? How can I/we help? Thank you for such an amazing plugin….BTW 🙂

• Hi @rpetersnmt and @cnek

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

I’ll pass it to the plugin author and hope he can fix it soon.

Thank you very much 🙂

• Thanks for the update James. What do you think is a reasonable expectation re: a timeline here? A day, couple days, week? Thx in advance.

• Elliot from ACF rules. 🙂 He posted a new version (4.4.7) and it fixes the issue. Three cheers…thanks a million.

• I can confirm that upgrading to the latest solves this issue for me as well. (4.4.7)

• Hi

I am using WP 4.5 and ACF 4.4.7 and when I try to attach something with the relationship editor it does not work (everything was fine with previous versions)

I have the following error in the console :

underscore.min.js:5 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined

I m using different caches (WP Rocket, Varnish, Opcode, Cloudflare) and flushed them all with no result

Thank you for your help

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ACF relationship JS error 'post_id is not defined' – WP 4.5’ is closed to new replies.