Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO ACF PRO + WPML Media: File

Solved

ACF PRO + WPML Media: File

• stiand

• October 1, 2014 at 9:30 pm

I’m having trouble with ACF PRO on a site running WPML and WPML Media.

I’ve set up File-fields (in a Flexible Content Field), and the Edit-modal returns empty on translated content. In the original (main) language the Edit-modal works, but not on translations: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c71lyseqqu6c5ws/edit_file.jpg?dl=0

WordPress: 4.0
    ACF PRO: 5.0.8
    WPML: 3.1.7.2
    WPML Media: 2.1.6
    WPML String Translations: 2.0.9.1

• Elliot

• October 2, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Hi @stiand

Thanks for the info, Are you able to check your console log an look for:
    1. any JS errors when clicking the edit button in question
    2. the json response from an ajax call when clicking the edit button.

Thanks
    E

• stiand

• October 2, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Hi @elliot,

After more testing, I think this bug is a «false positive». It seems the problem was due to files being added to the translated post before WPML Media was activated. As a result, the Media modal tries to get the data for the file in the original langauge, which it doesn’t have access to after WPML Media is installed. I created a new translation, and the problem wasn’t replicated.

This particular project is huge, and I have editors adding content while I’m developing, thus the blooper. Cancel red alert.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.