Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) ACF PRO v5.4.4 slowing down A LOT my BO

Solved

ACF PRO v5.4.4 slowing down A LOT my BO

• Hi,

My backoffice is a LOT slower when I have ACR PRO active.

Using Query Monitor I can see that with this plugin deactivated I have +/- 100 queries but when I activate it, sometimes it reaches 900 queries, being the usual around 700… that’s just not possible!

We are talking about a loading difference from 2 secs (when it’s deactivated) to some 10, sometimes 15 secs…

That’s simply not practical for someone that uses backoffice as a CRM and needs to be constantly managing different custom posts with a lot custom fields.

This did not happened in the past and website is fully optimized. We have a lot other plugins that usually slow down BO, such as Yoast SEO, WPML, Admin Columns, and the only one consuming such a huge amount of resources is ACF PRO.

Things we have done to try and make this work faster: created acf-json folder inside theme, which seemed to work in the begining because it dratically reduced the amount of queries, but although it keeps creating files in there, it’s very slow and the amount of custom fields is exactly the same as before.

Any idea what can be causing this?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
    Pedro Lima

• Hi @pedrolima

Please keep in mind that the more custom fields you have on a page, the more queries it will create. As a workaround, I suggest you split the fields so WordPress doesn’t need to process a lot of data. For example, you can create a new custom post type to hold certain fields, and then use the post object field to create the relation.

It’s also possible that there’s another plugin that generates the extra queries. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Sixteen) with only ACF activated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

Regarding the Local JSON feature, it should create the files as many as your field groups. Could you please clear the folder and then re-save your field groups one by one?

Thanks 🙂

• Fun fact: although everything indicated that the problem was with ACF PRO, actually it was bad requests from Theme Options page for the theme we are using.

We have made a workaround for this, since the loading of that theme options was always happening and was consuming almost 5/7secs only for that, we though in removing it, putting a direct link in admin bar and the entire wp-admin is now really fast, although we have a LOT custom fields (probably more than 200) and a lot plugins, we could optimize the code in order to have loading times never superior to 2secs. 🙂

Uff, this was very celabrated here in my company! Hehe. 🙂

Thank you anyway.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ACF PRO v5.4.4 slowing down A LOT my BO’ is closed to new replies.