Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO ACF PRO field names

Helping

ACF PRO field names

• I was using acf free version. I purchased the pro version, installed it, I deactivated the free version, I activated the pro version and I pressed the button for the database update. All the fields that I had from the free version where there and were working well. But ALL the names of the fields appeared weird.

For example a text field with label-name: “Name of client” and name of the field: “name”, the name field didn’t appear like “name”, like it should have, but it appeared like this:

a:5:{s:4:”type”;s:3:”tab”;s:12:”instructions”;s:0:””;s:8:”required”;i:0;s:7:”wrapper”;a:3:{s:5:”width”;s:0:””;s:5:”class”;s:0:””;s:2:”id”;s:0:””;}s:17:”conditional_logic”;i:0;}

Even if I would create a new field the same thing would happen. The name field would appear as a code.

What can have gone wrong? Should I have done something else during installation? Insert a code somewhere or something? Is it a bug?

• Hi @jimrapt

I don’t think this could be a bug since I cannot replicate it, it has something to do with corrupted database entries.

I would recommend you restore your database to a previous copy if you had it backed up, if this fails you might need to do a fresh install of your WP.

It is also imperative to try to identify if the update might have brought up possible plugin conflicts that could be causing this behavior. You can do this by deactivating all other installed plugins.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ACF PRO field names’ is closed to new replies.