Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) ACF pro don't let me edit previous published posts

Solving

ACF pro don't let me edit previous published posts

• I had e really terrible situation where I was unable to modify existing posts, until i realized that this was caused by Advanced Custom Field-pro Plugin.
    When i deactivate this plugin, everything is OK.
    But the problem is that i can’t modify fields i created with ACF when deactivating it (because when I disable this plugin disappear all its custom fields information).

Does anyone experienced with this issue?

Please reply you have an idea what to do!

Thanks in advance!

• It’s hard to say what the problem is by your description.

What you you mean when you say that ACF will not let you edit previous posts?

What steps are you performing and what is happening?

• Hi John, thanks for reply!
    The problem is that every post i have published on my website, if i want to make changes at each of them on wp-admin area, everything i add or change isn’t updating. UPDATE button does nothing (only remains loading all time).
    When i deactivate for a while ACF plugin, this problem does not occur.

But, the same problem (not updating anything) is with custom fields too.
    I cant make changes on existing fields i have created with ACF Pro plugin, because this cannot be solved by deactivating for a while ACF plugin (as I can do with other posts).

Am I clear now?

• So, the problem that is happening is that there is some type of a PHP error during tha AJAX request that ACF makes before the post is save (the AJAX request is done for validating of fields) This is why the update button continues to spin and nothing happens.

To figure out what’s causing the error turn on debugging and logging of errors, add this to wp-config.php or change what’s there to match this.

define('WP_DEBUG', true );
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Then go to a page and try to updated it. After a while look in the debug.log /wp-content/debug.log and see what errors are happening during the request.

If no errors are reported there then you’re looking for a JavaScript error instead.

In any case, you are looking for some type of a script error. If you can figure out where the error is happening then we might be able to figure out how to fix it.

• I followed these steps and problem is caused by Eval base64.
    Now I’m trying to get rid of this bug.
    Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ACF pro don't let me edit previous published posts’ is closed to new replies.