Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO ACF Pro 5.5.0

Solved

ACF Pro 5.5.0

• Have error after update

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function acf_add_admin_notice() in /home/domain.site/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/pro/api/api-pro.php:330

• Hi @tuskotrush

This is weird. Could you please make sure that you have the set the license correctly? Could you please deactivate and reactivate the license?

Also, it’s possible that the installation is corrupted. Could you please manually reinstall ACF and see if it fixes the issue? You can download the latest version of ACF from https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/my-account/.

It’s also possible that there’s a conflict on your site. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Sixteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

If the issue persists, could you please open a new ticket and provide temporary admin credentials to your site? You can open a new ticket here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket. Also, please don’t forget to explain the issue again and provide the link to this thread.

Thanks 🙂

• function wpa__prelicense() {
        if( function_exists('acf_pro_is_license_active') && !acf_pro_is_license_active() ) {
            $args = array(
                '_nonce'        => wp_create_nonce('activate_pro_licence'),
                'acf_license'    => base64_encode('MY_LICENSE_STRING'),
                'acf_version'    => acf_get_setting('version'),
                'wp_name'        => get_bloginfo('name'),
                'wp_url'        => home_url(),
                'wp_version'    => get_bloginfo('version'),
                'wp_language'    => get_bloginfo('language'),
                'wp_timezone'    => get_option('timezone_string'),
            );

$response = acf_pro_get_remote_response( 'activate-license', $args );
            $response = json_decode($response, true);
            if( $response['status'] == 1 ) {
                acf_pro_update_license($response['license']);
            }
        }
    }
    add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'wpa__prelicense' );

That code worked before an update to 5.5.0 & error are visible with qTranslate, when I changed the language to NOT default.

You can see error here http://trachuk.dev0.site/en/

• Hi @tuskotrush

First, you need to remove the base64_encode() function so it looks like this:

'acf_license' => 'MY_LICENSE_STRING',

Also, did you include ACF in your theme? It’s possible that the code is executed before ACF is loaded. In this case, could you please use the acf/init hook instead?

I hope this helps 🙂

• Hi @james

This code fix it:

if(!function_exists('acf_add_admin_notice')) {
        function acf_add_admin_notice( $text, $class = '', $wrap = 'p' ) {
            // vars
            $admin_notices = acf_get_admin_notices();
            // add to array
            $admin_notices[] = array(
                'text'	=> $text,
                'class'	=> "updated {$class}",
                'wrap'	=> $wrap
            );
            // update
            acf_update_setting( 'admin_notices', $admin_notices );
            // return
            return ( count( $admin_notices ) - 1 );
        }
    }

if(!function_exists('acf_get_admin_notices')) {
        function acf_get_admin_notices() {
            // vars
            $admin_notices = acf_get_setting( 'admin_notices' );
            // validate
            if( !$admin_notices )
            {
                $admin_notices = array();
            }
            // return
            return $admin_notices;
        }
    }

But it isn’t a solution 🙁

• 5.5 database update caused fields on select pages to disappear (entirely, there’s no record of them even in revisions), but oddly, only in selected places.

I’m using the same field set on a custom post type and pages. In 98% of the places, its fine. But it deleted the field entries from 2 CPT posts.

Thoughts?

• I’m seeing similar issues. My date picker fields will select and show the date, but upon saving they vanish. Existing entries have lost the date that was there.

• Hi @tuskotrush

Have you tried to change the hook? Also, could you please try the solution I gave you before. If that doesn’t work, I think the best way to investigate it is for you to open a new ticket and provide temporary admin credentials to your staging/development site. You can open a new ticket here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket. Also, please don’t forget to explain the issue again and provide the link to this thread.

@hzp

Maybe the update process was interrupted, somehow, so the fields are not converted correctly. Could you please check the difference between the posts that have the fields deleted and the ones that are not on the wp_postmeta table?

@sethsgr

It’s possible that there’s a JS conflict on your site. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Sixteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

Thanks 🙂

• @james
    Thanks!
    I’ve fixed it, just changed add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'wpa__prelicense' ); ->
    add_action( 'admin_init', 'wpa__prelicense', 99 );

• @hzp I’ve had the same problem and support say there’s no known data loss issue – but that isn’t borne out by what I see with 5.5.0.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ACF Pro 5.5.0’ is closed to new replies.