Support

Account

Home Forums Feedback ACF order email tracking number

Solved

ACF order email tracking number

• Hi,

I created a custom field to add the tracking number in the woocommerce order page.

The problem is that in order to work, I have to fill in the field, save the page, then I have to change the order to complete and resave the page.

It’s like if the information entered in the field was not saved. Is there a way I can add a save button under my custom field? This could fix the issue.

The information entered would be registered in the wordpress DB and then I could only switch the order status to complete, in order to send the tracking number to the client.

Here is the code

// define the woocommerce_email_before_order_table callback 
    function action_woocommerce_email_before_order_table( $order, $sent_to_admin, $plain_text, $email ) { 

if (get_field('trackingnumberups', $order->get_id())) { // Only show if field is filled

?>
            <h3>Your tracking number: <?php the_field('trackingnumberups', $order->get_id()); ?></h3>
            You may track your order with the number above, here: <a style="color: #0073aa;" href="https://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html">UPS Tracking</a> 

<?php 

}

}; 

// add the action 
    add_action('woocommerce_email_before_order_table', 'action_woocommerce_email_before_order_table', 10, 4 );
  • Hello @bigrat95

This might solve your problem:
    ACF For Dokan PRO

Thanks

• More than likely the email is sent before ACF has saved the fields.

If this is the case you can access the value intered into the field in $_POST['acf'][YOUR FIELD KEY]

<?php echo $_POST['acf']['field_XXXXXXX']; ?>

• Great, thank you John. It did solved the issue.

• Hi! Is there something for tracking emails from a specific user?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ACF order email tracking number’ is closed to new replies.