Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO ACF on Custom Post's comments

Solving

ACF on Custom Post's comments

• I have a Custom Post Type with comments. I just bought ACF Pro 5 to be able to attach Advanced Custom Fields to those comments, but I don’t get it to work.
    Post Type is equal to [The post type] and
    Comment is equal to All.

What am I doing wrong?

• I’m also looking for some clarity with this. I can get the field to display on all comments (by using the “comments -> all” conditional. However, like ramvi, if I add a content type the field doesn’t display.

Is there any way to control what Post Types the ACF fields display on for comments?

To further clarify, a use-case:

Regular Posts (blog posts) use standard comment fields, however, a Custom Post Type “Review” might need a rating field.

• Hi guys,

You need to create your own rule to match it. This page should give you more idea about it: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/custom-location-rules/.

When matching the rule, you can get the comment id from $options['comment'] variable. After that, you can use the get_comment() function to get the comment object and check if the comment is in a certain custom post type.

I hope this makes sense.

• James, you’re a rock star. That worked near perfectly. The only problem was that the $options['comment'] didn’t really contain any useful information — it only returns a string related to the state of the comment form (I only tested it on a new comment and it said “new”).

But that wasn’t hard to work around by getting $post as a global and grabbing the $post->post_type value for comparing.

For anyone else looking to do this, here’s the complete code that I used and appears to be working. You’ll just need to stick that in your functions.php.

James, thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ACF on Custom Post's comments’ is closed to new replies.