Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues ACF needed for an animal shelter

Solved

ACF needed for an animal shelter

• ACF needed for an animal shelter. (Inexperienced animal carers must add available animals to the website easily..) of dogs, cats, etc., with picture, breed, age, sex, short description and registration number. No more that, so pretty simple. It is not immediately clear to me whether I should start with a Field group “Animals” in general or immediately with “Dogs”, “cats” etc. or do I use “categories” for this? Do I have to put all options under 1 field group or every option in a separate field group? In addition, I notice that the options are not published. what do I overlook? A few questions to get on my way.. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

• Hello,

1. Create a custom post type and name it as animals
    2. Create a category for the created custom post type and name it as ‘all animals’
    3. Create child categories as cats, dogs, rabbits etc
    4. Now go to custom fields-> add new-> Create field group and name it as animals
    5. add fields as ‘breed, age, sex, short description and registration number’
    6. select in rules-> post type is equal to ‘animals’
    7. use featured image to display image

Cheers!

• Hello,

How do I create a “custom post type” in ACF?

Thanks for the advice.

Best regards

• Hello,

The added fields that were filled in with the message in the back-end ‘breed, age, sex, short description and registration number and also featured image are not shown in the front-end display. Front-end is totally blank. What do I overlook?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Best Regards

• Hello, You have to create custom posts by writing codes in functions.php, better to take help of developer or else your whole website will go down.

• Hi @fdh,

You need to add the relevant ACF code to the template file.

If you’re just starting out with ACF then go here: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/getting-started-with-acf/ and read the “Displaying Fields” section.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ACF needed for an animal shelter’ is closed to new replies.