Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) ACF meta not saving on pages imported via WordPress Importer

Solving

ACF meta not saving on pages imported via WordPress Importer

• I’m working with WordPress 3.8.1 and I’ve populated the site using an XML export from an existing WordPress website using the WP Data import/export feature.

The problem I’m having is, that after I create a set of ACF fields, and apply them to “Pages”, the ACF values only save upon “update” if it’s a new page, and not a page imported using the WordPress XML importer. (http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-importer/)

The items I’ve tried that don’t work are true/false, checkbox, image upload, text and textarea. When placed on a brand new page it works like a champ.

I’m not sure why this is the case, but if I have to recreate all those pages, I run into two issues:

1) adding lots of time to my project

2) the possibility of my permalinks changing, creating a slew of other issues with regards to redirects and undesireable links like “www.domain.com/contact-us-2

Is there a workaround for this? Maybe something at the database level?

• If I manually put a “1” into the stock Custom Field text box for an ACF true/false checkbox, then it will update and save just that one field.

• Hi @guerrilladigital

The issue is most likely that the ‘reference’ field is missing from your import.
    Can you please read the update_field documentation and lean more about this reference.

Next, check that your export / import includes this reference information and that both WP installations use the same field_key’s for the field in question.

Perhaps a better method of export / import is to migrate your DB with DB Migrate Pro

Thanks
    E

• I’m actually creating brand new ACF fields, and not trying to use any old data.

I’ll look into the update field documentation. I would have done a DB import, at a mySQL level, but the data was superflous and I only needed certain portions of the site.

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • That seem to be my problem right now, i’m using a .sql database sent by my client.

I don’t have access to the actual database.

Deleting page and re-create all pages is not an option for me…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ACF meta not saving on pages imported via WordPress Importer’ is closed to new replies.