Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues ACF-JSON Custom Folder Location Not Working

Solving

ACF-JSON Custom Folder Location Not Working

• I’m able to create the default /acf-json in the child theme and everything works. But I have a series of sites where we cannot use the child theme approach, so I’m trying to define a custom folder in

/wp-content/uploads/acf-json

My code is

function my_acf_cpt_save_folder( $path ) {

return ABSPATH . 'wp-content/uploads/acf-json'; 
    }
    add_filter( 'acf/json/save_paths/type=acf-post-type', my_acf_cpt_save_folder );

I’ve tried variations of get_home_url and other variations of preceding and trailing slashes.

I’ve confirmed permissions are correct (as they are with it working with the child theme version)

I’m wondering… does the acf-json folder have to be within the theme somewhere, or can it exist anywhere. Or is there something else I’m doing wrong.

• This is a new feature in ACF and according to the documentation it is supposed to work. I can only guess there is a bug. You should report it to the developers. They posted a link to this https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/feedback/ in the blog about this release. I would try that, or contact the developers or create a ticket in your account.

• Thanks @hube2 I saw that post but wasn’t sure it was related or not… guess so. This is my first time working with JSON so wasn’t sure. I’ll submit a ticket.

• According to the documentation what you have should be working if I’m understanding it correctly.

• Hey @blakemiller,

You’re mixing up filters here. save_paths doesn’t support a type argument, as it’s for filtering the whole array, although we do pass you in the post as an argument so you can detect if it you like:

apply_filters( 'acf/json/save_paths', $paths, $post );

Alternatively, you can use the save_path (no s) setting with a type argument, so something like:

add_filter( 'acf/settings/save_json/type=acf-post-type', 'set_custom_json_save_path_for_post_types' );
    function set_custom_json_save_path_for_post_types() {
    	return get_stylesheet_directory() . '/acf-json/post-types';
    }

We have to keep both around for backwards compatibility, so sorry it’s a bit confusing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.