Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports ACF Flexible and permalinks bug

Solved

ACF Flexible and permalinks bug

• With latest version on ACF pro (and WP), I cannot show flexible fields correctly into pages that has the same base-slug of a custom post type. For example, if my post type is called “hero” (post type has no archive set, so no “hero” archive page with that slug) and I create a page with example.com/hero/ slug, in that page it doesn’t show flexible content correctly. If i change the slug of the page, it works (in fact on all website pages work except for these).

Better explanation:

The problem related to flexible seems to be a bit complex. In fact it always show the first related box even if it’s not selected. Have a look at what you seen in frontend (attachment 1) and backend (attachment 2).

While, if you change -slug- into something else (for example trattamentiA), everything goes fine (attachment 3)

• Hi @gleenk

Could you please share the JSON export of your field group so I can test it out?

Also, having the same permalink for two pages is mostly causes weird behaviour. It depends on how your server handles it.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

• Hi @acf-support, I send you access to my WP Backend privately, anyway, here’s the JSON of “bug”, please let me know. I don’t have pages with same name as you said. No duplicate, anywhere.

• Here we are, I changed flexible field name, (closed a missed query on a template) and it seems to be fixed now…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ACF Flexible and permalinks bug’ is closed to new replies.