Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) ACF fields are not shown under Custom Taxonomy Edit

Solved

ACF fields are not shown under Custom Taxonomy Edit

• I have enabled Field Group to show if Taxonomy Term is equal to MyCustomTaxonomyName and the fields show when I’m in the Add Term page, but they don’t show if I’m in the Edit Term page.

• Hi @aigarinsh

I just did a test and can confirm that the field group will show on the edit taxonomy term page correctly.

Perhaps you have a JS error on the page which is preventing ACF from displaying?

Can you please open up your console log and report any JS error on that page.

Thanks
    E

• I can confirm, that it is Javascript error which happens only on the Edit Taxonomy Term. Now just have to find why it is happening. Seems like something with jQuery.

The error returned is “TypeError: a(…).attr(…) is undefined” and the link to file is:
    load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,wp-ajax-response,inline-edit-tax,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sort&load%5B%5D=able,plupload,plupload-html5,plupload-flash,plupload-silverlight,plupload-html4,json2&ver=3.8

And for me it seems that it happens with the default WP installation. Just checked another site which has WP 3.8 and the same JS error occurs.

• Google Chrome returns the error as:
    event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method ‘substr’ of undefined

and the location to error same: load-scripts.php?…

• I found that the JS error comes from Polylang Plugin which adds jQuery Migrate v1.2.1 to load-scripts.php which has error “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method ‘substr’ of undefined”

Disabling Polylang Plugin the Field Groups show under Taxonomy Term Edit as expected. So I have to move to other support to get this solved.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ACF fields are not shown under Custom Taxonomy Edit’ is closed to new replies.