Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) ACF field relationships w/code in template

Solved

ACF field relationships w/code in template

• Hey all,

I’ve attached a theme template file, single-services.php that shows a single “services” page which is a custom WP post type. I also want to display all the “resources” (another custom post type) on this page.

My problem is that the array containing the resources is always blank.

I used https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/querying-relationship-fields/ as my guide and a good portion of what’s in the attached PHP file is from the last code block for single-location.php.

I’d love some help with getting this working as everything I’ve come up with to date hasn’t worked.

Thank you all!
    Dinos

• You cannot attache a php file here. You must use code tags from the menu.

• Sorry, John – thank you for replying though. I’ve since solved my question and have them displayed…just a little different than I like. For some reason this code:

<h3>Resources</h3>
    <!-- -->
    <?php
    $resourcestest = get_posts(array(
    	'post_type' => 'resources',
    	'meta_query' => array(
    		array(
    			'key' => 'schoolservice', // name of custom field
    			'value' => '"' . get_the_ID() . '"', // matches exactly "123", not just 123. This prevents a match for "1234"
    			'compare' => 'LIKE'
    		)
    	)
    ));

?>
    <?php if( $resourcestest ): ?>
    	<ul>
    	<?php foreach( $resourcestest as $thisresource ): ?>
    		<li>
    			<a>ID ); ?>">

<?php echo get_the_title( $thisresource->ID ); ?>
    			</a>
    		</li>
    	<?php endforeach; ?>
    	</ul>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <!-- -->

is displaying on 5 of the 7 Resources I have. No matter what I do…only 5.

I’m still debugging but if you have insight that’d be wonderful.

Thank you!
    D

• More than likely you have the blog settings (Settins => Reading) set to show 5 posts per page. This setting will set the number of posts per page for every post type unless you include a different ‘posts_per_page’ value when you query posts.

• John! You’re the best. Thank you. While in Settings -> Reading, the value was 10 per post, but your message did make me RTFM…so then I did, and added:

'posts_per_page' => 25

to my array for the get_posts() call and that did the trick.

Thank ya sir & have a great Thursday!
    DInos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.