Account

Home Forums Bug Reports ACF Export – Users

Solving

ACF Export – Users

• Sarah

• February 23, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Hello,

I’m using the free version of ACF.
    When I use the export function, all registered users of my blog are part of the export file advanced-custom-field-export.xml.
    I need to assign all authors when I want to import the fields to my other blog. This is very time-consuming.
    If I delete the users at the beginning <wp:author>…</wp:author> of the xml file, I only need to assign the creators and not all. This should be the default behaviour.
    I’m not sure if this is a bug, but I have no idea why I should import users who have never created or changed anything in the field groups.

Best regards
    Sarah

• The XML export for ACF fields in version 4 basically uses the standard WP xml export tool. The file you get is the same file that you’d get if you go to Tools => Export, select “Field Groups” and download the export.

• Sarah

• March 10, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Thanks but it’s not the same file regarding authors.

• WP Export: Tools => Export => 2 authors are exported (correct)
    • Plugin Export Plus => 2 authors are exported (correct)
    • ACF Export => 56 authors are exported (not correct)
  • At this point I doubt that any improvements to ACF4 are going to be made. The developer is working on getting a free version of ACF5 released. But you can try submitting the bug report through by opening a new support ticket https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/

• Thank you for sharing your Idea

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ACF Export – Users’ is closed to new replies.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.