Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) ACF disappearing

Solving

ACF disappearing

• I have seen on two websites that we have developed recently that the ACF is disappearing and not being found. After looking at the ACF plugin and forums we cannot find anything but the location settings were reset or missing or conflicting. How can this just reset itself?

• Have you updated plugins recently? There was some weird stuff going on between the transition of ACF 3 and 4, this sounds similar to some problems I experienced, but that was weeks (if not months) ago. Have you tried re-installing ACF and its addons?

• Hi @dan@u4eastudios.com

Perhaps you could elaborate more on ‘disappearing’?

Perhaps it is a simple case of having a JS error in your wp-admin which is preventing ACF from showing the fields?

• hi, I’m having a similar problem.

I upgraded my WP install and my ACF plugin about a week ago. all of the previous custom field entries (of which there are MANY) are showing up fine on the live site, but the fields themselves have disappeared from the custom fields setup page and from the edit pages themselves – essentially it’s impossible to edit them.

I downgraded back to the latest v3 and that didn’t solve anything. I upgraded to the newest v4, and that’s solved nothing either. is there any way to make this information accessible again somehow? at present on every edit page I see a list of all of the custom field sections, but clicking on them does nothing.

please help ASAP… we rely on your plugin for a ton of content on the site!
    http://www.nacto.org

thank you
    Leah

• correction – I had to re-downgrade to the latest v3. the newest v4 took all the content off the live site. I’m totally stumped.

I am able to see and edit fields I created yesterday. but all the fields created prior show up on the edit pages as

i *
    i

Error: Field Type does not exist!

please advise. thank you…

• Hey guys.

Can you please read over the migration guide from v3 to v4 before commenting.

Thanks

http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/getting-started/migrating-from-v3-to-v4/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ACF disappearing’ is closed to new replies.