Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) ACF creating new empty posts when I edit a field

Solving

ACF creating new empty posts when I edit a field

• Hi everyone,
    I installed ACF to create a new date field for my custom post type (pages for pets up to adoption).

Everything was working perfectly… until I realized that each time I edit the new date field and save/republish the the pet page, 4 new empty posts are created in the same time.
    They are untitled draft posts, and I can’t delete them. If I try to move them in the trash, I get an error message from WordPress.

Do you know:
    – How can I safely delete all these empty posts? (I have dozens of them)
    – How to fix this bug?

Thank ou very much,

• I had this issue on a site but it had nothing to do with ACF, or perhaps it was ACF in combination with another plugin. The plugin that caused this for me was a WPForms “Post Submissions Addon”. Since it was not used I deleted it an moved on. Any chance that you have this plugin installed?

• Thank you for your reply.

I do have the WPForms plugin. I just tried to deactivate it, but the issue remains. 4 new posts are created each time I edit and save my custom field.

• it wasn’t WP forms that was causing the issue, it was an add on that was causing the issue.

You may have some other plugin causing a conflict.

You need to figure out what that conflict it. This is usually done by deactivating other plugins and testing until you figure out the combination that causes the issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.