Support

Account

Home Forums Gutenberg ACF code in a block template

Solved

ACF code in a block template

• I have created a custom post type called features and have added a few fields and then created a few posts of that type to test. If I write a wp_query loop to query that content type and output the fields in the standard page template file then it works as expected and outputs the data correctly.

I didnt however want to have a chunk of the data at a pre determined spot in the template file however. I wanted the user to be able to insert the chunk in between standard gutenberg blocks. So they may choose to have a paragrah, then an image, then insert the acf content block and then another paragraph. What I decided to do was to create a new block type with acf_register_block_type but I would not add any fields directly to that block type and instead leave it empty and in the template file for that block, i would insert my wp_query code to output my content type data. The issue is that when i output the_title, the content type posts title is output but any other acf field I have attached to the content type doesnt output and I am unsure why.

• I have now resolved the issue, I needed to add , get_the_ID() to the end of each field to make sure it was associated with the current page id and then it was fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.