Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports ACF Clone field in group not importing properly

Unread

ACF Clone field in group not importing properly

• Plugin Version: 5.8.11
    WP version: 5.4.1

Steps to replicate:

Suppose I have setup in the admin a one field group that contains non-clone fields setup ready to clone for other groups, and another field group with a group type field and then inside these, there are instances are clones in them so:

Field Group w/ clonable
    — field text
    — field image
    — field select
    — group field
    —- sub field
    — repeater field
    — …

Field Group
    — …
    — Group field
    —- …
    —- cloned field text
    —- cloned image field
    —- cloned group field
    —- …

I export BOTH the field group with non-clone fields and the field groups that contain clones of them as a JSON and the json file retains the clone relationship

The problem starts when I import the json file into the separate site. On import, all instances of clone fields inside group fields are “flattened” in a sense, or any relationship with the cloneable fields are gone and they are now set up as their own fields instead of clones so…

Field Group w/ clonable
    — field text
    — field image
    — field select
    — group field
    —- sub field
    — repeater field
    — …

Field Group
    — …
    — Group field
    —- …
    —- field text
    —- image field
    —- group field
    —- …

I tried importing the non-clone field group first, then the field group with clone fields but that didn’t work either. Is it possible to import the fields while maintaining clone relationships?

pls help. thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.